Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pet Peeve!

Hello everyone,
I have a pet peeve and I just had to write about it. It has to do with cell phone users. What is this thing with cell phones!!!! People cannot seem to do anything in life these days without a cell phone attached to their ear! I don't mean to sound like a grouch because truly - I am not. But I believe this cell phone thing is so totally out of control. Mind you - I do have a cell phone and use it all the time. But I don't have the need to communicate with someone every minute that I am awake.

I'm not even going to get in to the driving thing. I am sure you all know about that. It's ridiculous and should be outlawed. Some people can't drive down the street, pull into a parking space or pull out of a parking space - without being on their cell phone!!!!

I get very annoyed when I am at Publix standing in line to check out and the person in front of me, who is being taken care of, doesn't even have the common courtesy to get off the phone to pay attention to the cashier. It is just so darn rude. If I was a cashier, that would make me feel like a non-human being!!!!! I just don't get it. What the heck are these people always talking about anyway!

This morning really topped the cake for me. I was running my errands and stopped in a local shop that I deal with. When it was time for me to check out with my several items - this time it was the cashier being the rude one!! She didn't get off the phone the whole time she was checking me out. We had absolutely no communication at all. If I had to ask a question, I would have had to interrupt her conversation about what she was going to wear this evening with who ever it was she was talking to.

Cell phones really are great. I couldn't live without one. In fact, if I leave the house without my cell phone by mistake, I will turn around and go back home to get it. But for me, it is because it makes me feel safe. If my car broke down or if I ran into any kind of trouble, I know that help is only a cell phone call away. Cell phones are wonderful. I just can't imagine life without one anymore. But I don't have the need to be connected to someone every minute of my life!

Ok - I got that out of my system. I feel much better. Now I can go on with my day!

Be well all,
Chris

5 comments:

Mike said...

Cheapest therapy one can find. lol

Nork said...

Much as I like cellphones, I don't like the exclusivity factor of the newer superphones, like the iPhone - you can only get them at a certain dealer. Also, people buy them in case of emergency, but in real emergencies, like hurricanes and blackouts, they go blank.

Maboo said...

How about those people who go around with silver things hanging from their ears and talking as if someone was with them. I think they look ridiculous, and unless its necessary in some kind of business, they should leave them at home. I agree with your entire statement.

elaineb said...

and, "you are driving a car not a phone booth". I was hit by one of those, he was eating pizza at the same time as phoning!

Topper said...

Eating pizza and talking on the phone while driving? Where are the cops when you need them!!! Is it just Florida or do you think it's all over the country? So many very bad, very mean, very distracted drivers!