Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Government Stimulate Package

Hi all, I am just finishing my Sunday paper (I am a little slow considering it's Wednesday) and I noticed a very important article tucked way back in the paper. For most it will mean nothing, but for people that need it the most – it is a very big deal. It concerns this Stimulate Package that will begin starting in May. Most people who filed a tax return in 2007 will be getting a nice check from the government in the amount of $600.

However, the people that could use it the most, may not receive it. I am sure there are many folks here in CV that are living only on their social security checks. Sorry to say – if these folks don’t file a 2007 tax return – they will not get a check.

If you have any friends that are living strictly on social security, please pass this important information on to them. If they file a 2007 tax return, they too will benefit. The article indicates that people living only on social security will receive $300 for a single person, $600 for a couple. Every little bit helps!

For more information, go to IRS.gov.

Thanks, Chris

11 comments:

Mike said...

Good info Chris

Anonymous said...

That's a key point, no tax return - no check. Thx Chris. Kurt Weiss missed that in encouraging us to spend then have restraint, in his column.
I’m saving mine for possible hurricane deductibles and assessments.

Anonymous said...

Just have to say:
This is NOT a Stimulus Package, it is a Politicized SPENDING Package! This will add $150 Billion onto a Budget Deficit that WAS already forecast to be $250 Billion this year... I say WAS, because that WAS before the latest Budget Proposal last week that will probably have us looking down the barrel of a $500 Billion Budget Deficit this year.
Have a nice day George Bush!!!

Topper said...

Letitfly, I agree with everything you said, but it's already a done deal, so I just don't want people that need it most not to get it.

Mike said...

Hi All
For those who would like to help the needy , I'm settng up a non profit Corp , so you can give your tax rebate to me and write it off. This will allow me to play better golf courses. Thanks in advance . Mike

Topper said...

chuckle, chuckle...

capt john said...

HEY LEFTY - GOOD NAME !!! (the "blue" states, should actually be RED states, but that would be too close to the truth for the libo media, ever think about it?). I personally would rather be getting $600, than having HITLERY or UMBAMO, taking the $600 from me (AND, THEY WILL !!!) I am too poor to be a liberal !!!

Mike said...

Hi Capt John
My candidate is every CVers dream. Pat Buchanan

capt john said...

GOOD GONZAGA MAN! But, can you trust anyone taught by the Jesuits :) ---- ps: they use to be Catholic!

Mike said...

Ya gotta trust the Jevies. Best schools in the country. Mike

Mike said...

U of Scranton, lol