Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why there is no advertisement in the REPORTER

Several questions and/or comments have been made to me or about me to my friends and acquaintances regarding the lack of advertising in the REPORTER. The nomination took place on February first and ordinarily the Editorial committee meets in the afternoon after the Delegate Assembly meeting and the deadline for submissions is a few days later.
I was unable to meet that deadline and did not want to ask for special privilege to submit an advertisement. This just isn't right. Another person informed me that it had been said that I would not pay for an ad. That simply has no basis for truth. Mr. Lazar is an honorable man and would never have said that, and no attempt to place an ad was made. I may very well not win this contest however I will lose it in an honorableway IF that is the will of the Delegates.

Bob Marshall

3 comments:

Topper said...

"Honorable", that is a wonderful word. I hope it doesn’t come to that (your last sentence). Best of luck to you Bob!

Anonymous said...

When did the UCO reporter start charging the residents a fee to advertise? Bob you are an honorable man I wish you the best of luck

Anonymous said...

I believe that for all display type advertising there is a charge. The UCO reporter does have some space allocated to residents for some free advertising.

There is a difference between space available for articles and advertising.