Wednesday, March 26, 2008

CREATING A GOOGLE ACCOUNT

Hi All,
Creating a GOOGLE account.

In order to Post a New Subject on this BLOG you must have an active GOOGLE or GMAIL account.

This is not my requirement; it is a GOOGLE requirement and GOOGLE provides the Bandwidth.

They provide it for free and it is a Non-Negotiable
requirement.

It is not difficult, it is a one page application and requires less than 5 minutes, not hours to accomplish.

Start here:

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

You do not have to give your real name or your real Email address, BUT if you want the account, you must give an Email address that returns a Confirmation Email to you, so if you want to remain anonymous, you must take the extra step of creating a new, untraceable email address in say, HOTMAIL or any WebMail service of your choice.

NO special computer skills are required, just a bit of patience.
Dave

7 comments:

Topper said...

Thanks Dave. Hope that helps folks.
Chris

elaineb said...

If you are having trouble getting a Google account in order to join the Blog I would be glad to visit you and try to help. I would only follow the instructions that are on the left side of the Blog (no miracles). You can reach me at wanderbrit@yahoo.com
I am not a teacher or repair person. The Computer Club has many people who could also show you Google accounts. Sometimes the swirled letters can be a challenge but there is not much to it.

Topper said...

That is so good of you Elaine. I forgot about those fun swirled letters!

Maboo said...

Thanks Elaineb, I told my sister to read the blog and get in touch with you.

Anonymous said...

Dave: I made the original post hoping to hit a "hot button" and it worked. Your work with this blog is too valuable and vital to abandon. we must find a way to help expand our base. We have an indication of untapped interest. Maybe a demonstration by someone with a wireless Laptop. lets keep it rolling. NON ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM. LEN

Ed Black said...

I too, would be willing to help anyone with problems getting on the Blog.

Contact point is edeveblack@gmail.com.

I also don't mind visiting you to help.

Thank you Elaine for volunteering!


Ed Black

Topper said...

I would also be willing to help and could be available in the evenings or weekends. You can contact me at chris33406@yahoo.com. I am definitely not a teacher or computer repair person either, but I could help you get on our blog.