Monday, March 17, 2008

MALWARE AND HITCHIKERS

Hi All,
Our BLOG has had at least two attacks by a Malware Hitchiker it looks like this;
---------------------------------------
Warning! Please Click Here

"here" is a link to http://antispycompani.com/

--------------------------------------

It has appeared in Comment Streams under two different Posts.


'antispycompani" is a know source of agressive Malware.

Do not click on "here", if you do, an instantaneous attempt will be made to scan your computer and to download a package of Spyware and other malicious code.

Simply Delete the Comment.

Dave

2 comments:

Topper said...

Hi Dave,
I think my computer must be ok. It took me a few minutes to get my computer turned off on Sunday and my Norton doesn't show any invasions. So I am hoping all is well. I don't know what posessed me to click when I did. Sometimes we have a tendency to let our guard down when we feel like we are among friends, but we should never forget that there is no privacy in this computer age and anybody can be waiting, ready to attack, destroy and get our personal information.
Thanks for the research Dave and the warning.
Chris

UCO President said...

Hi Chris,

No problem, it took a while to run that little critter down, it turns out that it is a world wide Bug and attacks BLOGS.

Now we are aware and alert.

Dave