Monday, March 24, 2008

A message to all my wonderful CV Neighbors

Hello Neighbors,

I just got home and the first thing I did was turn on my computer to see what is going on in our CV Blogger. I was so very saddened to read Mike's Post entitled "Lurkers" and was saddened to read all the comments. It sounds like everyone that has been so involved in keeping this blog going is about to give up.

So please indulge me. I have decided to start my own post and let you, my neighbors know my feelings. I am nobody special, just a person living in CV just like you. I love Century Village so much, truly I do. I feel very safe and very secure living here. I love my neighbors and love my community. I work full time, so I am unable to participate in all the activities and politics as much as I would love to. But I look forward to the day soon that I can retire and can get much more involved and give back to the community just as so many of you have.

The election is over. Your votes have been heard. Please, may we all now unite and move forward for the better of this wonderful place we live. I ask you this, can we please now all get along?

This blog was started by Dave Israel for you. I have never even met the man, but so very much admire him. He has put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this blog to make it better for you. He has made it clear over and over again that all opinions are welcome here. This blog was made to help our community grow and get better and better and better. Won't you please take advantage of the hours that Dave Israel put in for all of us?

Please, open your hearts and open your minds and communicate!!!! It is the only way it can be done. "Communication" is a wonderful, wonderful thing. We will all win!!!

If you feel changes are needed, this is the place to speak up. You have been given a voice and you can be heard!!! Please don't so easily let that go. Let yourself be heard here!!! This is the place!!! Criticism can be a wonderful wonderful thing - but it needs to be done in a constructive way, never to offend. If you don't like something, write about it, write it here. But do it in a way that will not alienate people, but bring them together for the good of us all. We need to be positive - not negative. Good things can happen from this blog if you will only open your minds and open your hearts, and let them happen.

I have met so many, many wonderfully educated people in this community, with so much knowledge that they can and will share with us if we just allow ourselves to listen.

If you don't like the way something is done, make suggestions and then follow up by offering your service to be a volunteer and work to make these changes happen. Volunteering is a wonderful thing.

But also, the people who we have voted in to make the decisions for our community must be willing to keep their minds open and listen to those voices of the people who gave them their vote.

This blog cannot continue with so few voices being heard. I, as your neighbor, beg of you, if you are online and able to communicate with us, do so. It is a good thing. Don't be negative. It doesn't help anything or anyone and it won't work. Come, tell us how you feel about anything. We will listen. We want so much to listen to your words. We care about how you feel.

Please, join us in this blog. We need you. Don't let all the hard work that Dave Israel did for all of us go to waste. He has given us a gift. Let's not so quickly be willing to throw that gift away.

We need you. Won't you please join us?

Sincerely,
ChrisJ

9 comments:

capt john said...

AMEN, Chris - Thank You

Mike said...

I second the the Capt's AMEN

Anonymous said...

This blog has been so INFORMATIVE..I usually don't have much to say..but if I have to say HELLO everyday to keep things going I will..Maybe not many computer users know of this site..I am sure people are interested..

Topper said...

Thanks Capt John and Mike for the encouraging words. You know you guys feel exactly like I do.

Annonymous, we thank you so very much for saying hello. It means so much to us. It's people like you that we are trying to reach.
So if nothing else, just as you said, please continue your daily hello. It lets us know you are out there and care.
Thank again,
ChrisJ

1 said...

I am not writing much these days but reading the blog regularly. Keep it going Dave. Rome was not built in one day. Andre

Anonymous said...

The blog is for people who have something to say. And Chris says it beautifully, Thanks Chris.

Topper said...

Thanks Elaine. Hope it helps.

Ken said...

Chris, I would deem it a privelidge and a pleasure to shake your hand. Your blog was great and so true. Volunteers abound here in the Village and without them, there would be no Village. We do have to make ourselves known and pull together. I am glad to say that the people on this Blog are intelligent, informative, and just plain good people and we must keep this going. Th-Th-Thats all folks

Topper said...

Thanks Ken. I must confess, your kind words made me feel good. But to tell you the truth, when it comes to handshaking and a privledge, I think we all need to shake Dave's hand. He is definitely the hero here!
I have come to think of all these folks as my friends and I sure don't want to loose them. We have to keep this going!!! And we want more to come!!!
Thanks again,
Chris