Monday, April 28, 2008

Need some advice about deleting comments

Hi all, I need a little advice. Aren't we suppose to be able to delete a comment if we are the one that put the comment in? I have done this in the past, but don't seem to be able to do it now. I thought all we had to do was sign in, click on the "B" in the left corner, then click on "posts", open up the post that we need to delete a comment - and then we would see the garbage can under our comment and we would be able to get rid of our goofy/mispelled comment.

Well, I have been trying to delete something and I can't get the garbage can. I signed in, clicked on "B", clicked on the correct post, found my comment - but no garbage can.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
chris

5 comments:

UCO President said...

Hi ChrisJ,

I'm on my way to JFK in about 10 minutes;

Try this, while on the BLOG site Click "Sign In"

Then Click "Dashboard"

Then Click "View BLOG"

Then open comments and Click on the garbage can.

It works for moi!

When in doubt Reboot and try again.

Later Gator!!

Dave

Anonymous said...

testing method

Anonymous said...

qwerty more testing

Anonymous said...

I never see errors in preview!! Only afterwards
If you comment when signed in as yourself- you get a garbage can, and can remove comment.
If you comment when signed in but use Name or Anon – no garbage can.
If you comment when not signed in – no garbage can.

Topper said...

Thank you all for the helpful information. The last anon comment may very well be my problem. It could have been a comment I made when I hadn't signed in. From here on, I will remember to sign in.
Thanks again.

I'm wondering if there is any word about Dave. If you folks that are close to him could just drop a line. We would just like know how that he is doing good. Thanks.
chris