Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CABLE TV

Author: Larry Kall (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: 05-02-08 20:58

I read the following Comcast statement today at the delegates meeting regarding the digital TV conversion:

" The good news is this transition should have no impact whatsoever on Comcast customers.Because they are connected to cable, all of our customers will continue to receive broadcast channels without interruption after the digital broadcast transition. They will be able to receive the new digital signals through new digital-ready TV's or boxes purchased in retail stores or through their existing digital set-top converter.

We will deliver broadcast signals digitally and we will convert the new broadcast digital signals back into analog signals at our headends so that customers who do not have or want a digital box or new TV will continue to receive the channels in the same way they receive them today without having to do anything."

I received this information by fax communication on 4/49/08.

Larry Kall, UCO Cable Chair

11 comments:

LARRY KALL said...

While I have no objection to it being replayed , it should have been noted that I placed this article on the UCO Q & A.

Mike said...

Sorry Larry , I didn't think you would object to it being put on the Blog. What difference does it make whether I said it came from the Q&A ? Mike

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this information.

Anonymous said...

Good news.

Mike said...

Hi Larry, Just curious , Is there a reason you didn't post the cable TV info on the Blog?

Anonymous said...

Do I have this right? Comcast will send signals out 2 ways. I suppose there is more definition in the box or updated tv version.
It is confusing that they begin by saying we need to take action then they say we do not!

Mike - I’m sure the Q&A credit requirements are in Carole’s Rules.

LARRY KALL said...

I was presenting the correspondence as the Cable Chair of UCO and as such felt that the proper place to put the information was in the UCO Reporter (which it will be) and the UCO website. It was a judgment call on my part. While again, I have no objection to the information being reprinted on this blog,it would have been nice if the source of the information was divulged as was done in the past by Dave as a courtesy to the writer.

I did not post the information on this blog at the time as I did not have time to type it in while it was my intention to do so.

LARRY KALL said...

To Cannonball:

A more detailed explanation will be found in the next issue of the UCO Reporter.

Mike said...

I'm sorry Larry, I thought you were the source of the information. Mike

LARRY KALL said...

Mike, I was the source of the information about Comcast

Topper said...

Thanks Larry for the great news. I am very relieved I won't be needing to rent or buy 4 boxes!

Thanks Mike for sharing it with us. I know your intentions were very good - you just beat Larry to the punch!

Mike, see you tonight, maybe even Larry will pop in for a cup of coffee. But if not - we'll see him on the blog!

cheers!