Saturday, May 24, 2008

Carbonite PC Backup

The easiest and best IMHO. Flat-priced, off-site, unlimited storage Carbonite. All your computer work is backed up and double encrypted on their servers. If your pc crashes or condo burns, your data is safe. You do not lift a finger (send $49/yr) it runs continuously in the background. Mozy is good too but I prefer Carbonite. UCO Reporter might want to look into this. If you send me a note I will send you a referral link that will get you an extra month on the service. wanderbrit@yahoo.com This is my kind of easy, yes I use it. Note: free trial too. I much prefer this to flash sticks or restore service on the pc, they have both failed me. As always, read the details.

3 comments:

Ed Black said...

Great info Elaine, and thanks for the research. You have had some experiences with PC problems; let’s hope this eliminates future events too.

Ed

Anonymous said...

When you put your files in a storage site, you're at the mercy of a the site. Paying $49.95 a year won't guarantee it'll go kablooey and the owners won't run off to Shazamistan, where our lawyers can't touch them. In any case, don't lay your egg in more than one nest.

elaineb said...

With all due respect Tim. Didn’t read up on the Carbonite background, did you! Large companies including some in Germany and Japan rely on Carbonite. General Electric uses Mozy maybe you should let them know your concerns too.
I do have discs etc as well.