Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Change is in the Air

I knew what I had to do, and when I knew better, I did better. Now that I can make observations from the outside I see things that I did not see before.

One of the things that I realize is so important to change is the concept of open meetings. Without the encumbrance of office I was able to think things through, and it became clear to me that in order for people to know what is going on they must ask questions and be able to get answers that satisfy them.

The only way for this to happen is to have open meetings of all committees, especially those that are responsible for how our money is spent. If need be, town meetings could be held for each committee and the residents of the village would be welcome to attend and have input as to how their money is spent if applicable. What is happening to the cost of living in our country is indicative to what will be happening to our cost of living in Century Village. Accordingly, we should all be part of how our money is going to be spent. We should all be made aware of the WPRF budget and if we need to have a budget workshop with them, so be it, the same as we have a budget workshop for UCO. Changes need to be made for the betterment of the Village, and in order to do so we need more people to become pro-active in the way our village is run. To do this we must open up the doors and windows and let all the new air come in, in the way of changes.

This is the first of many changes that I see, to make the running of Century Village the most streamlined and efficient business that it must be. We are a corporation and you, the residents of Century Village, are the stockholders. It is time for your voices to be heard. All meetings should be open to our stockholders. Every one of you has a voice, let it be heard.

So, what am I saying? We are the people, and we the people have the right and the responsibility to see that our welfare is uppermost in every UCO function. Only we can do this.
AND WE CAN !!!!!!!!!!
There must be voice for all or there is no voice at all.

Phyllis

8 comments:

Ed Black said...

How refreshing.

Now perhaps, we may resume open metings!

Thank you for your view!

Ed Black

Anonymous said...

Very good insight, Phyllis. I hope your vision comes true.

BettieL said...

Thank you for sharing your views
now that your are no longer encumbered, however, how many other
board members will come forward to
support "Open committee Meetings"
with exception to Attorney/Client
& Investigations? By open, I'm
referring to attending the entire
meeting, and not the present practice, of requesting permission,
stating your position, and being required to leave thereafter....
What possible discussion follows,
that must be kept secret?

Anonymous said...

It would be great to have open meetings but we should not talk about it we should do it.

Anonymous said...

Is that the same Phyllis that wrote the Sunshine piece in the Reporter?! Actually the UCO Bylaws DO NOT say “The Sunshine Laws .. shall ONLY be used as a guide” they say
“shall be used as a guide”
NO ‘only‘
NO ‘only if George feels like it’,
that is clear direction to me.

UCO President said...

Hi All,
My God! A ray of light from someone who knows, by way of years of service, how "the sausage is made"

Where do I sign on to this movement and may a new enlightened Administration emerge.

Who else will subscribe to this view.

Thanks Phyllis; and please let me know specifically what I can do to help !!!!

Dave Israel

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Phyllis. I didn't think you had it in you. This is a refreshing surprise.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Phyllis. This is a welcome side of you that you did not display in the past. You have my support in this endeavor. All of us named "any mouse" seem to be in favor of your present views. I know I am.