Friday, June 6, 2008

Vista killed Outlook Express

I suddenly found my email would not send and I had Windows Mail instead of my Outlook Express, I searched programs etc, after much struggle and blaming the grandchildren and McAffee I found this online
"What happened to Outlook Express? If you used Windows B.V. (Before Vista), you might be surprised to discover that Outlook Express no longer exists. It's been tarted up a bit and renamed. Welcome to Windows Mail. "
Yes I was surprised, dummies!! after tools, accounts, servers, settings, authentication it sends ok.

Yes its still me. This tourist stuff is exhausting, I was glad to sit and blog awhile. I should be out of reach after Sunday, anonymous can only hope...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Read in the Post how the computer guy recommends buying a Mac over getting Vista to replace Windows XP?

Anonymous said...

I wish mac laptops were not 4X cost of vista laptop.

Topper said...

There is an Apple store in the Gardens Mall on PGA. I have been there on several occasions just looking at those beautiful computers. I can't make heads or tails of them. They are totally different. I've heard people in the store say they are wonderful and more secure. For me, it would be like starting all over again learning to use one.

Does anyone use Mac out there or know anything about them or the price? Is Mac taught at the Computer Club? I would love to join if it was in the evening or weekends. There is so much more I should know about my computer.
chris

Topper said...

I just realized that my discussion about Mac is off the subject. If there is an interest out there, it should probably be started on a new post.
Sorry, Chris