Monday, August 25, 2008

Beijing Olympics Costumes


I would like to see the 47 styles of costumes at the Beijing Olympics I have not found a site for that yet, but - There are some great photos at boston.com.
They take awhile to load on my pc but worth it, wait for the lower task bar to say ‘Done’. CLick on title or -
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/2008_olympics_opening_ceremony.html

Participants were dressed in some 15-thousand costumes in 47 styles. More than 25-hundred special lights were used, and some of the special effects were dreamlike and almost magical.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

capt john said...

Maybe it is because of my maturity (OLD!!!) but this was the GREATEST OLYMPICS, I EVER SAW !!!

GREAT, GREAT JOB !!! MAGNIFICENT !!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite quote from Olympics, Bob Costas “The USA 4x100 relay teams laid a giant egg in the Bird’s Nest.”

elaineb said...

Olympic Closing Ceremony pics at http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/ plus some strange stuff. You may have to scroll down as blog gets new posts.

elaineb said...

final comment :-)
I loved the opening and closing ceremonies in particular for the design, the gorgeous effects, rhythm, symbolism, color, enthusiasm. It was the real thing, unlike shows that just stick some wailing (singing) celeb on a stage. So what showed up at 10pm Sunday, oops a wailing pop star, It was still great.