Monday, August 25, 2008

SAFE DRIVING COURSE AT CLUBHOUSE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY ON INSURANCE

Hi All,
The following post was forwarded by Lannie Howe.
Dave Israel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On August 2, my neighbor and I took the 4-hour course on Safe Driving
at the clubhouse.

We passed, as did everybody else (I think virtually
no one fails), received our certificates, and sent them to our
respective car insurance companies.

My neighbor got a semi-annual reduction of about $45 on her premium, and I get a $34 semi-annual reduction.

The course, arranged for ahead of time at the WPRF office
in the clubhouse and called "Coaching the Mature Driver," costs $15
per person.

The insurances savings are good for three years.

The course was well taught, and we all picked up a number of good
pointers.

No one need be afraid of taking it.

You don't jeopardize your right to drive in any way, and the insurance savings, which vary
from company to company, can be well worthwhile.

Through the end of 2008, the course will be held in Room C on the first Tuesday of every
month except in November, when, due to election day, it will be held
on Monday, November 3.

Lanny H.

4 comments:

Mike said...

What company are you using Dave? I only got 17.40 semi annual reduction .
Mike

elaineb said...

I always take the course online, convenient and you can stop and start if you choose.
Florida Mature Driver Program
http://www.floridadrivingcourse.com/mature-driver-program.php
take your class on the internet, receive your certificate instantly. $14.95

Also – AARP version, http://www.aarp.org/families/driver_safety/driver_safety_online_course.html

elaineb said...

Mike I have Geico the discount is $40 every 6 months, I also get discount on my 2nd vehicle with different ins co. not sure what that one is.
Geico also has a version of same test online. Cost $19.95 occasional specials at $15.

Mike said...

Hi Elaine,I took the course with Larry last year at the clubhouse. I have to check on this discount thing with Allstate. Thanks, Mike