Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cold War Article

Hi Dave

Your article in the UCO Reporter on the cold war activities of the Gov't and the Mob was quite interesting. Your article ends with Johnny Roselli in prison. As a lifelong reader of the world of Organized Crime I thought I had remembered that he had been murdered. Referring first to a biography I have on Sam Giancana and then Googling J. Roselli I see my memory is right. In 1976 his "chopped up remains were found floating in a sealed oil drum" in Florida.

3 comments:

UCO President said...

Hi George,
You are of course correct.

My article is extracted from declassified CIA records; and the event you describe was not included in the release.

Please consider writing up your findings and passing them to the UCO Reporter as an update to my article.

Good catch and thanks.

Dave

Mike said...

Johnny Roselli was married to the daughter of Susanne Martens who owned Mt Airy Lodge in the Pocono Mnts. of Pa. If My memory serves me right, she was found floating in her pool sometime after Roselli disappeared or after his body was found in Fl. A lot of the NY and Pa mob would show up at MT Airy in it's (50s - 70s) hayday. Mt Airy was a vacation destination for New Yorkers in those days, the showroom brought in top talent on weekends and was packed . I'm sure many of our NY owners remember Mt Airy well. Mike

Anonymous said...

From Joey one eye,Nunzio the groin
Nicky the snoz and Pauly one arm,
" FELICE NUOVO ANNO"
" BUON ANNO"
" HAPPY NEW YEAR"
HOPEING YOU MAKE it THRU the YEAR
I can include them because of my ITALIAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE
If A Non-ITALIAN did it would be CONDENSENDING if you KNOW what I MEAN?#*&#&#&*#&*#&*#&*#&*#&*#&*