Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"SERVICE" REAL MEANING REVEALED

Hi All,
The following was contributed by Dotty Kern:

"I became confused when I heard these terms with reference to the word 'service'.

Internal Revenue 'service'
U.S. Postal 'service'
Telephone 'service'
Cable 'service'
Civil 'service'
Customer 'service'
State, City & County Public 'service'

This is not what I thought 'service' meant.

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few cows.

BAM!!! It all came into focus.

Now I understand what all those 'service' agencies are doing to us.
I hope you are as enlightened as I am.

Thanks, Dot, simply priceless!

Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama called for the government to work. It is each of our's responsibility to make this happen. If you don't get good service, call or write that person's boss and demand that he/she be fired. If that boss doesn't respond, call or write HIS/HER boss. You get the service that you allow .

Anonymous said...

PHYLLIS HERE, I WAS AT THE POST OFFICE YESTERDAY AND ASKED WHERE THE SPECIAL LINE FOR CV IS. I WAS TOLD BY THE CLERK THERE IS NO SPECIAL LINE FOR CV. IT WAS A RUMOR AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA OF WHERE IT CAME FROM.SO I WAITED ON LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. WHILE I WAS THERE I MET ANOTHER RESIDENT FROM CV AND ASKED HIM TO PLEASE RELAY THIS TO THE ADMINISTRATION . IT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED AT EVERY SHOW AND IT IS INCORRECT.

Anonymous said...

Is it service if the person whose job it is to communicate cannot understand english? If a guard could not understand the explanation of an emergency. If an assistant supervisor could not understand a simple question? In both these cases the person raising the problem was accused of prejudice and discrimination and turned away. Why is it discrimination to say someone cannot do their job?