Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our beautiful Clubhouse

On Saturday night, we went to the show. It was a beautiful ballet, its too bad more people weren't interested. They missed an excellent show.

Something tarnished this show for me. There were three women sitting in front of us who left early. Later when we walked out I saw that they had abandoned their rubbish on the floor.

-
I was as outraged as I would have been if they came to my house and threw rubbish on my living room floor. I know who it was and I know it was last night's rubbish because one of the things was a program.
-
There was also a used kleenex and a empty candy bag. These women were installed today on the executive board. They swore to do their best for the Village. Let's hope their best is better than this. I hope they see this and are properly ashamed.
-
I don't know how they were brought up or how they brought up their children but I do know how I was brought up and it was with a deep respect for my world and the places that I use and enjoy. If I ever littered anyplace, my Mother would come out of her grave and slap me silly.

-
We paid a lot of money to restore this clubhouse, it is beautiful and it is the responsibility of all of us to do our part in keeping it that way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Shamefull! Can you imagine what
contributions they will make to the
Ex Board? I do hope they were reported to the ushers, following
the performance..in such situations, the offender should be
give the task of cleaning the entire theatre.....

Anonymous said...

These women were probably George Lowenstein stooges too!

Anonymous said...

TO: ANONYMOUS 9:10 PM.

WHAT A SHAME THAT AT THIS STAGE OF YOUR LIFE, YOU'VE DEVELOPED INTO SUCH A HATER. YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT THAT THOSE WOMEN WHO ARE SO INCONDIDERATE.

Mike said...

Whoever these women are, they should be taken to BBQ Island and CVers should hurl garbage on them. What pigs. Mike

Anonymous said...

I do think these women who are on the executive board should be named. Maybe they read this and maybe they don't. Maybe they will see themselves in the blog if they do read it and maybe they won't. They are shameful and pigs and should have their names posted to shock them to wake up and conduct themselves as they should. No one should have to pick up after anyone else, especially a kleenex carrying germs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Mollie. Hopefully just the anonymous mention of the trash situation will lead to better behavior in the future.

elaineb said...

Do you know why some people huck piles of trash out of their cars onto the road or countryside?
It is because the inside of their car is more important to them than the village or countryside etc. Good luck changing their behaviour.
Similar to unsafe people, they are not going to read George Franklin’s writings on safety or pay any attention.
I guess the theater crud thought the inside of their pocketbooks were more important than our floor.