Sunday, April 5, 2009

Comcast email/internet Outage.

Comcast CEO receives $24.7 million compensation.
Yesterday I could not send or reply to email (repetitious security window popup) so I phoned Comcast. The automatic system told me there was a problem in Boynton. I took a run at the menu loop and eventually got an ‘account executive’ who considered my problem, then laughingly said “Comcast is experiencing a NATIONAL issue”. Could they have put that message up first. By then the internet was also out. She did not think it was the conficker worm.

Out again this morning. They should not laugh when they lie to us. Today I was told there had been no national problem.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Blogmeister replies:

This was the real thing: check out:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/162623/comcast_email_outage_sparks_twitter_updates_galore.html

Dave

2 comments:

Brian Roberts said...

I only get a base salary of $2.8 million, … also a bonus pegged to performance totaling $7.4 million, other benefits totaled $3.4 million. These benefits include $417,000 in insurance benefits, $2.3 million for the deferred compensation plan and $393,000 for use of company-provided aircraft.

I have to pay my own security expenses to guard my $$.

elaineb said...

Thx Dave I did not think to check comcast home page or Twitter, Silly me I thought the local call center would know.
The second day they wanted me to do the "reset the router, reboot your PC routine", even though the issue was clearly NOT in my house. ANd wanted to make an appointment to visit. Don't they talk to each other??