Thursday, July 2, 2009

comcast disappointment

I had my installation sched for today 7/2 2-5 pm / 6pm and still no show! i had even purchased addl tier for 19.95 w/no installation fee ----tried calling the Rob S. # but his mailbox full / tried the Roseann # and l/m there ---the 847 -4792 is for techie issues after installation but I l/m there also/ also tried 1800comcast/live chat to no avail. I am usually not a complainer but since I managed to sit around waiting both for appt and for installation to say the least I am disappointed ---plus I had to listen to a neighbor screaming this a/m when she had a disagreement/set to with the comcast man ---I know it's a big job but how ridiculous not even to get a phone call or be able to reach anyone. whine whine whine ---all I know is - I better not get a bill for something i don't yet have! If anyone has suggestion for my next move, thrill me and post please! thanks/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your BLOGMEISTER responds:

Hi Mag,

I will not even begin to advocate for, or try to justify, the behavior of some of Comcast's Sub-Contracted installers.
-

My thoughts, and those of the Cable Committee, are to try to fix the problems; slowly, logically and patiently.
-

Please keep in mind that we are going into a long Holiday weekend and, Comcast like most of the working Nation, is shutting down for the July 4th. weekend.
-
All CV Unit Owners, reading this BLOG; please send to me, by Email, (
nsasigint@comcast.net ) your full name, your address and your Telephone number, along with a concise description of the problem you are having with the Box or installation of the Box.
-
At this point, Documentation is critical; so please help us create a paper trail, and in due course, things will be made right.


Dave Israel

15 comments:

Mag said...

done/thanks Dave ---take a break/enjoy the holiday.

elaineb said...

Can anyone get Wimbledon on their digital box TV? Channel 34,I get the right sound but a broken up pic from another channel. Kinda wanted to watch super tennis. 7:09 am.

elaineb said...

Turned TV on off, zigged thru channels NG. Unplugged box and replugged OK , pic on 34 now :-)
WIMBLEDONWIMBLEDONWIMBLEDON

Have you noticed how hot the underside of the box is. I put mine on blocks to lift it away from warm TV top.

Grace said...

I find on a lot of stations that the pictures breaks up or the picture just freezes. I had this problem even before the box.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave. You are so patient with our "diverse and difficult" resident population here at CV. Most times, there is no public glory in what you accomplish--just crap sent your way. Thanks for putting up with all of us!

elaineb said...

hi Grace:
Yesterday at 6pm I got “call back later” on 847-4792
“Call cannot be completed” on 1-800-COMCAST
Got thru to local 655-3842 looong wait, who informed me that they knew about/ and were still working on glitchy/frozen pics, mute patches (ch 43 unwatchable in my case) its been over a month.

Mike said...

40 thru 46 was breaking up for me and my sound level is screwed up. I have to raise it about 3/4 of the way now.

Lanny Howe said...

Hi Elaine,

I've been able to get Wimbledon tennis right along on my channel 34, so I'm obviously not having the problem you are. NBC (channel 3) has been carrying it on the weekends, although 34 has carried some weekend Wimbledon coverage too. Why don't you try NBC? The men's semifinals were on NBC today. Tomorrow (Sat.) is the women's final. I'm sure it is on NBC, and I think may start at 9:00 am, our time (this is 2:00 pm in England). The men's final is scheduled for Sunday, perhaps also starting at 9:00. They give you the TV times for the day on page 2 of the Palm Beach Post Sports Section.

UCO President said...

Hi Grace, Mike, Elaine; ET-AL,

AGAIN; I need NAME, ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER and a brief description of the problem.

I am building a paper trail.

Send all of the requested information to me at:

nsasigint@comcast.net

Dave Israel

thick said...

Hi Mag,
Just call 1-800-266-2278 and go thru the prompts to get you to the TV cable problems. You end up talking to a West Palm Beach person and they can actually contact the cable guy and tell him to come to your condo.
The same type of thing happen to me. My guy left a note on my door that he had already been there. He was suppose to be coming in the afternoon and showed up in the morning. I wasn't home. When I got home - I call the 1-800 number. They contacted the guy while I waited on the phone line - and told me he would be back. He was back to my place in 20 minutes.
I hope this helps.
thick

thick said...

Grace - if your picture freezes, call Comcast. The same thing happen to me. They made me unplug the cable box. Then plug it in again. Then they sent a signal to the box. It had to reboot. After that - no more freezing.
thick

elaineb said...

I received a msg from Comcast about my experience with the 847-4792 number.
.. If the answering machine is full I am sure it went to this default message it can only handle so many calls. On weekends and holidays the residents need to call 1-800-Comcast

ps thanks Lanny for tennis info

Mag said...

Happy 4th ---Dave, Roseanne called me this evening -poor woman working on comcast followups to all her V/mail ---she was apologetic, concerned, and arranged for a re/sched for my installation and also advised me of a promotional deal which was incorrectly quoted to me ---all in all, hopefully w/work out. thanks for all your help. mag

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if one did not get the cable box since all I seem to read is that there are problems with it. Would it be safe to say that I would still get regular TV without all the bells and whistles?

UCO President said...

H A Nony Mouse
Jul 6, 2009 2:06:00 PM,

Some 2000 boxes were deployed, and yes, there are some problems.

No one is going to force anyone to take the box, but remember it is a Common expense and you will be paying for it anyway.

Without it you will not be able to receive the new digital starter tier, which includes Video on Demand.

If you provide documentation of problems, consisting of your name, address, telephone number and a brief description of the problem; your issue will be resolved by comcast in due course.

The majority of folks have no problem whatsoever with Cable boxes, once the initial setup is accomplished correctly.

Dave Israel