Monday, August 31, 2009

condo insurance

Dear Valued Bloggers- once again, asking for opinions/input/anything you care to tell me ---unfortunately, my condo ins renewal was sent to my previous address in chicago -yes, even tho I had updated my info more than once! Finally, the agency called me and sent the packet to correct address which of course means not much time for me to shop around for quotes ---the renewal $amt is over 40% increase from last year which I find totally incredulous but then, I am new to south FL! Am I nuts and this is usual or am I correct in finding it astounding? I live in a 1-1 1/2 corner unit grnd floor ---thanks for any light you care to shed on this most irritating topic ---and yes, I updated to include whatever the legislature mandated tho my neighbors told me just ignore ---I believe Mr. Gladstone suggested not ignoring the law at one of the delegate meetings. thank you.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Does Gladstone ever come on the Blog to explain anything or give insurance updates?
Just wondering.

UCO President said...

Ed Black said...

Whenever there is a need for an Insurance vendor..........call the MAN.............. Dan Gladstone. He always can give you a list of companies that would be interested in covering you.

Dan can be reached at (561) 712-1923 or the UCO office (561) 683-9189.

Rest easy!

UCO President said...

Hi Mike,
Aug 31, 2009 9:18:00 PM,

Dan has posted on this BLOG once; and only then at my request; never voluntarily.

Certain Officers of UCO have never posted to this BLOG, at least not using their real name.

They apparently feel that they have no responsibility to our Unit Owners to answer questions or present information.

Remember this when voting in March!!

Dave Israel

mag said...

Thank you all - after wearing out my ear on the phone, my fingers emailing and gathering a wealth of information from Dan Gladstone and all the neighbors I met on my way to the Walgreens CV for flu shot --I have completed my task and will rest easy another year ----I was not excited to hear one agent letting me know that the bldgs are old ---surprise surprise! Rolling my eyes!
Dave- thanks for the input about who we do not see blogging!
By the way, being the answer guru - what's the percentage of residents who do have home internet access? just curious.