Thursday, February 21, 2008

Speeding in the Village

What's with all the speeding in the CV. I see so many people going way over the speed limit. The speed signs are posted everywhere. Are you one of those people ??? If so, please slow down. And while I’m at it, some people don’t seem to understand how a 4 way stop works. Many, many times when I come to the 4 way stop on my way out of the East gate, I just can’t believe what I see. If there is a bunch of cars at each stop sign, when the first driver takes his turn to go, all the drivers behind him think it’s also their turn to go. There is nothing to do but sit and wait, unless of course you want to get into a horn blowing session (I have no interest in that).

Many folks around here (whether workers or residents, I just don’t know) need to read that little driving book again, you know – the one with all the rules of driving. It could be all you New Yorkers. You’re all a little speedy! Ok – now I’ll wait for the nasty responses!
Have a good day all!

11 comments:

Bob Sage said...

New Yorkers? I was born in New York. I lived there till I got married, and then my wife and I moved to Arizona. I have never heard that New Yorkers were speedy, in fact, people said I always drove too slow. I don't think you should tag people for something that is not nice according to where they grew up. On the other hand, you sound like a nice person. Not all New Yorkers and Arizonians are nasty. And guess what: Not all Floridians are nice.

Anonymous said...

I find many of the CV buses going very fast, whats with that? TDdhey are setting a bad example.....Norma

Anonymous said...

exactly Norma, if the buses, COPs, and Sheriff kept it to 20-25 and USED THEIR SIGNALS it might help. I have followed COPS just to check, it was 30-35 round and round the perimeter road. I know they are just a visual deterrent so!!!

Mike said...

I think 4 way stops should be a free fire zones. If inconsiderate NYers don't do things right, We drag them out of their cars and beat hell out of them. This will give participants much needed exercise , even the beaten.
Mike

Anonymous said...

Time for more lessons by the MC in the theatre. Raise your hand if you know what 'alternate feed is'.

I thought the speed limits changed at 5:30pm when the aides and workers get the H out of here. Just kidding.

Geeze Bob New Yorkers sure are touchy! kidding kidding kidding kidding

capt john said...

VERY SPEEDY - AKA "NEW YORK GIANTS"

Anonymous said...

COMMON COURTESY, IS NOT COMMON,
HERE IN THE VILLAGE...
PERHAPS THE NEXT ELECTED BOARD,
WILL CONDUCT CLASSES, IN "LIVING
IN HARMONY"

Anonymous said...

You cannot legislate manners. Nor even suggest to those rude self centered people.
I would be surprised if the 'walkers manners' letter in the UCO Reporter makes any difference.

Topper said...

Hi Bob Sage, truly, I did not mean to offend. I was really just having a little fun. I love New Yorkers – all New Yorkers. I’ll let you in on a little secret, I was born and raised in Buffalo – Buffalo - New York that is! I loved then and will always love all people from New York State. I believe that they are the most warm hearted, good and decent people I have ever met. They love their families, love their State and love their Country! A little like Tony who “Left his heart in San Francisco” and Frankie who’s “My kind of Town” was Chicago, I left my heart in Buffalo and it will always be my kind of town!. So Bob, I sure hope that makes you feel better.

And as for you Mike – I think you are a little nuts! Are you sure you aren’t related to George Carlin ??? If so – you can look for him on HBO Signature, Sunday night, March 2. As for me – I can’t wait!!! I will be sitting in front of the tube with my popcorn ready!!!

Topper said...

I take that back - it might be Saturday, March 1st!

Mike said...

Chris, A little nuts , how about a lot ? lol