Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ELECTIONS AND SANITY THE CHOICE IS CLEAR

Hi All,

Randall said...

I know I wasn't fooling anyone but myself when I posted this as anonymous, as I apparently leave a heavy literary footprint in my postings. Sorry folks, won't happen again. If I have something on my mind that I believe is important enough to share, I should also be brave enough to place my name alongside it.

Respectfully, Randall


Dave Israel (Candidate for President of UCO)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What many of those up North don't realize is that this meeting had a purpose of the utmost importance... to expose an administration that was against "open meetings"... a position which had been supported by the UCO Bylaws for five years.

The attempt to illegally reverse this established policy was met with resistance by a few devoted individuals, whose only purpose was to serve the best interests of the Village.

The circulars which encouraged "Vote NO for Open Meetings" were prominately placed at the "check-in" tables in front of the auditorium. Of course these circulars were printed on paper and with office equipment from UCO, using your funds to deprive you of your right to attend meetings.

At these meetings "Out of the Sunshine" decisions are being made as to how your money is being spent. Ironically, those who were against closed meetings were not permitted to present their side of the story in the Clubhouse (which we also support, but do not own).

We had no choice but to circulate our fliers for Open Meetings by the medical center, outside the gates of W.P.R.F. property. Many cars stopped to receive our fliers, and enough Delegates were informed in time, that the meeting they were about to attend was orchestrated to deprive them of their right to Open Meetings.

The Delegates prevailed and the "Open Meeting Resolution" was nearly unanimously passed. V.P. Howard's stall tactics proved ineffective. The motion was properly placed on the floor, debated, and approved by a near unanimous vote.

Why is UCO so afraid to open itself up to public scrutiny? Why is UCO so intent on depriving you of your right to attend and particpate in the process of spending our money?

The very same officers who resigned at the end of this meeting because the voice of the people fell too harshly upon their ears, amazingly reappeared weeks later to run for the very offices that they have resigned from.

This will go down in history as The Election of the Phoenix's. Nixon was the only President in history to get reelected on the same campaign promise that he never fulfilled,"Our withdrawal from Vietnam"!

Our Officers ran on a platform of "transparency". Transparency behind closed doors? How many times will we permit ourselves to be fooled by political rhetoric which never manifests itself in action. We deserve what we get if enough of the electorate turns a blind eye to reality on election day. Lord help us all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will take this as an endorsement Randall, and thanks,
Dave

Jul 28, 2008 9:51:00 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally - someone who sees through all the smoke and mirrors

Anonymous said...

I know I wasn't fooling anyone but myself when I posted this as anonymous, as I apparently leave a heavy literary footprint in my postings. Sorry folks, won't happen again. If I have something on my mind that I believe is important enough to share, I should also be brave enough to place my name alongside it.

Respectfully,
Randall

elaineb said...

I couldn’t see footprints but I appreciated the message – ‘enough Delegates were informed in time, that the meeting they were about to attend was orchestrated (byUCO) to deprive them of their right to Open Meetings.
I notice the incumbents control the Reporter, use the Delegate tables to hand out their publicity, same thing at karaoke. The opposition is banned from any visibility. Candidates cannot get lists of presidents. Politics not Democracy.

Anonymous said...

elaine b...Maybe you should see one of the VP's and volunteer your services to UCO...they could certainly use you...

elaineb said...

I used to submit applications to volunteer. You know that list of undesirables that George L sez does not exist, I’m on it. But I'm in good company.
There are 3 big lies in UCO
That they want volunteers
That they are transparent
That they want new ideas
The closer you look the more you will find this. Sad.