Thursday, February 26, 2009

Buying Show Tickets Monthly

Yesterday I had my first experience of buying show tickets. I had picked up the program list for March when it came out in February and decided to buy a few tickets. I went into the office and was told to come back February 25th. I thought that was odd as the person who sells tickets wasn't doing much at the time. I was there at 9:00AM when they start to sell the tickets. What a mad house. I was 45th in line and told to wait in room C, I believe with the other buyers. I was told by the guard that someone had come at 6:30AM and that there were only a few tickets let for The Platters, one of the groups I was interested in. Thanks to a generous lady that I know from a club I managed to get tickets to the shows that I wanted that I would not have been able to get if I had waited hours in line. I am the proud possessor of row 1 seat, 1 tickets to four shows. Who in WPRF ever came up with this system of buying the show tickets should have their head examined. I decided not to get tickets in advance as you cannot ask for your preferred seats. Will I be able to see from seat 1 row 1, probably not but since they are musical I can close my eyes and listen. If I were able to get the tickets weeks earlier would I have gotten better seats, probably. Since the list of shows are published months earlier so people can buy tickets in advance why not sell tickets after the season tickets buyers are taken care of? That way they can be sold throughout the year as people are inspired to buy them and people won't feel compelled to bring a sleeping bag and sleep out to be first in line. I think that WPRF should take another look at how they sell the tickets and get with it.

3 comments:

elaineb said...

Grace, thanks for the warning on that system. I go to dance shows and you need to be probably 10 rows back before you can see the performers' feet (important to me). In row 1 it should be enuf for singing heads. Or you could get a tall Hoveround seat and annoy the folks behind you.

Anonymous said...

I order my tickets early and I get seats in the back and balcony. Maybe Wprf should give the better seats to those that order early, then maybe more people would order early, then you wouldn't have such a line on certain dates. Also I think the tickets should be available
9:00 to 5:00 mon thru Friday. I presume we want to sell tickets.

Anonymous said...

Nothing in this Village is about service or making one's life more enjoyable.

It's all about money and control.