Friday, March 20, 2009

No Smoking at Clubhouse

Friday, March 20, 2009

No Smoking at Clubhouse Pool
At an Operations Committee meeting a month or 2 back it was discussed how there should be No Smoking at the Clubhouse Pool. It was thought that it would be best to not allow smoking at all as it was detrimental to the health of all present, both the smokers and non-smokers.


It was pointed out that the most serious problem area was at and under the Canopy where smoke would be most annoying. It was never intended that smoking be permitted close to but not under the canopy.As a matter of fact it was specifically established that the only place people would be allowed to smoke was at the area furthest away and directly opposite the Canopy.

Concerned residents should confirm this with WPRF, and Security should be instructed to see that the No Smoking rules are complied with in full and not, as I am informed, in some half hearted way it is seemingly being adhered to at present.George R. Pittell
Posted by George R Pittell at
3/20/2009 05:12:00 PM 0 comments

6 comments:

Mike said...

I never saw any no smoking notices and if You want to post the canopied area fine but let it go at that. You don't enforce the food and drink edicts, so get off the smokers back. Grandchildren are also allowed to dive and do other things not permitted. By the way ,I quit smoking 2 yrs ago. Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
I have only the word of a resident that the signs have been posted. I do however have the word of Anita Cruz that as of about a month ago that the signs were just ordered that day. Everything else in the original posting stands. I was at the Operations Committee meeting as an observer and did not take part in the discussion.

George R. Pittell

Anonymous said...

Having been up and under the canopy,this past Wednesday, I can
assure you, there WAS a No Smoking
sign, in view, Not an Ostentatious
one, but one no less....
I too, attended the same meetings,
and the conclusion was that particular area, would be "Smoke
Free" (Hopefully the winds will
comply and blow the smoke elsewhere
in someone else's direction)
As for eating & drinking under the
Canopy, in my presence, a resident
was asked to dispose of his container of coffee, by one of the
guards, so they do make routine
checks. The main problem here, is
many individuals have not ADOPTED
Condo Life. They treat the common
elements in any way they see fit..
which translates to "I don't give
a RATS A** about you,I'll do as I
please" This Mentality has to change!
Bettie L Bleckman

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the cigarette smoking; but I also smell cigars which I find disgusting. I only quite smoking 4 years ago, so, I am very tolerant of smokers.

Mike said...

I never go under the canopy , so I'll take your word for it Bettie. I'm with you Joyce,smokers are the best. Off 2 years and still miss them. LOL, Mike

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to find people using their middle initial such as George R. Pittell and Bettie L. Bleckman. Now, the important thing is, what does the middle initial stand for? Are they pretending only to sign their name? I am going to tell you what my middle initial stands for. It is so enjoyable to read that the greatest problem people have is where to smoke or eat. I'll leave out the third question. BTW, it stands for "The." Have a good day.