Friday, June 12, 2009

WHAT'S AVAILABLE ON OUR CABLE

Hi all,

In another thread, the following questions appear:

"One question I have. Does anyone have any information on different channel packages that can be purchased for additional money. One of the representatives told me I could sign up for the Digital Classic Tier (101 through 741) plus Starz - for $14.95 per month. Does anybody have any experience with these stations? I notice Biography, Turner Classic and a few other good ones are located there."


It is not smart for me to comment on prices, because there are specials that come and go all the time. Following is a Comcast Web Site with a Drop down Menu showing the various Tiers of programming:

http://www.comcast.com/customers/clu/ChannelLineup.ashx?area=0


Pick the Tiers you are interested in, and then go to the clubhouse and speak with Bob Seibeneck about costs for those Tiers. One of the benefits of the new box is that it can be programmed for any Tier you desire to pay extra for.

Dave Israel
Cable Chair

7 comments:

Thick said...

Hi Dave,
Does anybody know anything about this Starz? HBO I am familiar with - never heard of Starz though.
Thick

UCO President said...

Hi Thick,
Jun 12, 2009 8:19:00 PM,

Starz, Cinemax, HBO, TMC, TCM, Sundance, IFC, Movieplex, Lifetime movie network....Etc.

They are all Movie channels.

If you like movies you will like these channels

Dave Israel

Thick said...

With all these stations, we never have to leave our homes again.
Thick

Ken said...

I have had Starz for several years. It also includes Encore movies. There are (i believe ) 8 movie channels and each one has a different theme. Ie: western, action, etc. I am a John Wayne fan and his movies show on the Western channel quite often.
Ken

el cheapo said...

starz has a website http://www.starz.com/channels/starz/ to tempt you with whats on the 6 starzes. You can probably search all the movie networks online. I am stickin to comcast free movies.

Thick said...

Thanks Ken. Good information. Will check it out.
Thick

Anonymous said...

Why not just stick with what we get and give it a try. Then, if you want something more, you can check with friends and fellow-bloggers and see what's good. I don't get my box till the end of the month--so I just want to see what video on demand has to offer. It sounds interesting. I'm sure Comcast will give you free installation if you are adding premium channels later.