Friday, June 12, 2009

CABLE CHANGES - I HATE CHANGE!!!

Hi Folks,
If you're like me, this CV cable conversion has been very confusing. I don't know what we would all have done without Dave Israel. Dave, you've been wonderful! I got my free box today, but was very upset to learn that I had lost my HBO. Thanks for taking my call tonight. I just got off the phone with Comcast (1-800-266-2278 if anybody is interested). As Dave had just told me minutes before, we no longer get the free HBO. They are offering a package right now that for $14.95. You get 100 more stations, plus either HBO or Showtime. This will also include Encore, Turner Classic Movies, Biography, lots of good stations. I thought this sounded like a very good option - if anybody is interested. This $14.95 only lasts for 4 months though. After that, it goes up to $30.95 a month, or $19.95 if you keep all the stations except HBO.
Anyway, good luck everybody and DAVE - YOU'RE THE MAN!!!! MANY THANKS!
ps: It took me quite a while to sign in because I forgot my Blog password - but the old braincells finally kicked in after about a 100 tries and here I am - posting after probably a year!
THANKS AGAIN DAVE!!
chris

8 comments:

concerned unit owner said...

Not only did we lose HBO; in their place we got all those music channels. Who needs them? I have a radio and a CD player. What a waste! I think this whole new contract is terrible. I can't imagine the elderly people figuring out that remote! They give you a 10 second tutorial and that's it. Very unhappy with the change. Has anyone looked at the free movies on demand. I personally did not find anything worth watching. We should have been able to keep HBO and gotten stations like BBC American, Turner Classic Movies, IFC and more without paying the extra money. I am very disappointed!

Anonymous said...

Oh quit complaining!

Thick said...

I've found some good movies on the Movies on Demand. The trick is you have to go through all the different categories - not just the ones listed as "Free Movies". There are also free movies in the categories. You just have to go through them and check to the left to see if they have a charge or are free.
Thick

GIACOMO said...

We are commited to go with the entire Village,I would personally liked to have made my own choice DISH etc. but these are the limits we endure when living in this kind of settings, but we have way more +'s than -'s so even though for many TV is the total sourse of infomation and entertainment, and should have been at least given consideration. I would only guess that many feel the same, Dave did monumental work with his committe ,we can use other option as a Dish etc. but that cost to COMCAST WOULD END UP A DONATION AND THEIR ARE NOT A Non-Profit.

UCO President said...

Hi Giacomo
Jun 13, 2009 2:11:00 PM,

Thanks for the kind words.

I must assure you that we on the committee looked at "Dish Network" technology.

The principal downside is a phenomenon called "Rain Fade". This means that during heavy rain, which is quite common her in Florida, your picture breaks up and becomes unviewable.

We felt that this was an unacceptable technical risk for the majority of our Unit Owners.

That being said, there are many Unit Owners in CV who have these little dishes on their porches and even on their buildings and grounds. While this raises issues of Law and Bylaw as regards alteration of the common elements; this can be overcome as your Association desires.

The only issue then is the additional cost, which is no small matter.

Dave Israel

elaineb said...

When exactly do we lose HBO? In 10 years I have never watched HBO so I am not one of the movie fans. Maybe I should watch something soon, my no-box TV still gets HBO 27 and 28.

LOFLCON said...

to Concerned .. should have -
I SHOULD have a perfect life with no effort, I SHOULD have been born a prince.
I SHOULD realize that after the cable cmte worked intensively for 9 months they found my programs were only available at a much higher price. I SHOULD know that UCO and the delegates voted for the best choice for the majority.

Anonymous said...

Loflcon,
delegates did not vote for the
majority. They have voted for the
loud minority.
10 year contract - what were they
thinking about?
10 years is an eternity for most
of the people who have voted for it. They just enjoy sticking it
to the next generation of c.v.denizens.
They are very mean people.